Sunday, May 26, 2013

I Wanna Hold Your Hand

A few years ago I attended a training at work where the icebreaker was to name the number one popular songs for certain years from 1950 to the present. Number one in 1964 was "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" by the Beatles. I got that one right! The activity was supposed to help bridge the gap between us baby boomers and our young coworkers. However, while I was "racking my brain", they were googling the oldies on their blackberries!!

I was thinking back about trying to hold my children's hands when they were little when we lived in Atlanta. If they saw a ball roll out into the lane, or saw their friend on the other side of the street, they would take off running with no thought for safety. I began to grasp their wrist instead of depending on them to hold my hand. Also, that way, if they tripped and started to fall, they would not fall headlong.

That got me to thinking about how thankful I am that our Heavenly Father holds our hands, and He never lets go.

"Though he falls, he shall not be utterly cast down, for the Lord grasps his hand in support and upholds him."
Psalm 37:24 Amplified

Jesus promised to us who believe in Him:
"And I give them eternal life, and they shall never lose it or perish throughout the ages. [To all eternity they shall never by any means be destroyed.] And no one is able to snatch them out of My hand. My Father, Who has given them to Me, is greater and mightier than all [else]; and no one is able to snatch [them] out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are One."
John 10:28-30

I love Matt Redmans' song: You Never Let Go

5 comments :

Denise said...

So blessed that He never lets go.

Theresa said...

Blessed indeed... It reminds me of a song we sing at Church. I can't even walk without holding his hand:) Have a blessed Sunday dear friend, HUGS!

Maple Lane said...

A beautiful and reassuring post. Blessings to you this Sunday.

Joy said...

A good reminder for everyone. Thanks for this post sister:)

Beth said...

Thank you for this beautiful post.

Blog Archive