Sunday, April 14, 2013

We ARE more than conquerors

I love to read biographies of Christians. This past week I read again HIDING PLACE. co-written with John and Elizabeth Sherrill.

Here are some quotes that gave me a lot to think about:

When Corrie and Betsey were sent to Ravensbruck Concentration camp, and felt they could not bear the suffering around them, they prayed, "Will You carry this too, Lord Jesus?"

The Lord made it possible for them to have prayer and Bible studies with the women in their barracks. Corrie remembered, "The blacker the night around us grew, the brighter and truer and more beautiful burned the Word of God."

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?
In all these things, we are more than conquerors 
through Him that loved us. 
Romans 8:35, 39

Corrie's eyes were opened to see that she was already
MORE THAN A CONQUEROR
no matter what.


7 comments :

joy said...

Nice encouraging post. God is really our anchor in the midst of the storm. Light in darkness and comfort in difficulties.

Have a nice Sunday dear!

Theresa said...

So true dear Karen... when the darkness is all around us is when HIS light shines the brightest! Have a blessed Sunday, HUGS!

Ellie VanCaster said...

Thanks and have a wonderful Sunday.

Mary said...

Such beautiful words, thanks for sharing. His Word is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path. Blessings!

Denise said...

Very inspiring.

Lynda said...

Corrie is my spiritual hero. I stopped counting the number of times I read that book - - - even listened to it on audio once. I heard things I may have skipped over in my visual reading. It had to be God who got her through. It boggles my mind that men could be so cruel and that the human body could withstand so much abuse and malnourishment.

Cathy said...

Beautiful, Dear, thank you.

Blog Archive