Friday, April 19, 2013

SHELTERING STRONGHOLD

As a child walking home from running errands on a hot day, I can remember breathing a sigh as I came back into our yard full of large old shade trees.

All the neighbor kids played in our yard, and their Moms liked to sit on our rocking chair porch under the giant oak tree.

I pictured those shade trees when I read these verses:

Be to me a rock of refuge in which to dwell, and a sheltering stronghold to which I may continually resort, which You have appointed to save me, for You are my Rock and my Fortress. For You are my Hope.
Psalm 71:3,5a Amplified

7 comments :

Denise said...

Beautiful.

Maple Lane said...

Amy and I visited Roswell St. last weekend and parked there beside the porch and looked at those huge old oak trees. This post was a lovely way to start my Friday. God bless you and yours this weekend and in the coming week.

Theresa said...

Sweet memories:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Lady Jane said...

Your post always perks up my day.

Daisy said...

Those big, old shade trees sound like they were a wonderful place of refuge. Nice post, Karen. Have a good weekend!

NanaDiana said...

Oh- Yes- Those trees and that front porch of Moms was indeed a refuge. Beautiful images here, Karen- xo Diana

living from glory to glory said...

I look forward to sitting under a strong oak tree with His sheltering arms and visiting with you in glory one day in the by and by...
Blessings, Roxy

Blog Archive