Saturday, April 20, 2013

Light in the Darkness


We were not making up clever stories when we told you about the powerful coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. We saw his majestic splendor with our own eyes when he received honor and glory from God the Father. The voice from the majestic glory of God said to him, “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy.” We ourselves heard that voice from heaven when we were with him on the holy mountain.
 
Because of that experience, we have even greater confidence in the message proclaimed by the prophets. You must pay close attention to what they wrote, for their words are like a lamp shining in a dark place—until the Day dawns, and Christ the Morning Star shines in your hearts.
1 Peter 1:16-19 NLT

I have read that very few Christians have any interest in Bible prophecy. The Apostle Peter is saying that we MUST pay close attention to God's Word, for it is like our back-up generator when the lights go out.

This  past week, I felt overwhelmed by the tragedies in West, TX, and Boston. There were also deadly earthquakes in China and Iran and many atrocities in the news around the world.

I asked my son to pray with me and as he prayed, he got a picture of the lights going off in a region, like a major power grid failure, but then God showed him that HIS light in believers would shine even brighter in the darkness.

Father, I pray for the nations, that people may see Your Son Jesus Christ, Who gave Himself for us, and turn to Him in repentance.


8 comments :

NanaDiana said...

You are a powerful prayer warrior, Karen Wonderful post- xo Diana

Jill said...

We must all pray.

Ellie VanCaster said...

Faith and prayers is all we really have or need.

Daisy said...

This has been a week full of tragedy. It's good to know that God's Light is always with us no matter what.

Beth said...

Praying with you!

Denise said...

Yes, praying with you.

living from glory to glory said...

Hi Karen, I loved this reminder, as my hubby and I know that these days are truly aligned with God's description of perilous days.
Your son's vision was very accurate. I love your blog!
Blessings, Roxy

Ken said...

Hi Karen,
We must pray and keep on praying.
God bless,
Ken

Blog Archive