Monday, March 4, 2013

Instant Forgiveness

Once when I was teaching in a second grade classroom, there was a BIG mess to clean up and the custodian had to be called in to shampoo the carpet (the second time that week!) He didn't look thrilled. I asked him later if he could forgive us. He quipped, "Well, you're going to have to give me some time!"

Of course, he was teasing, but it made me think about the many times I have been forgiven.

Father, help me to have mercy, forgiveness, and grace toward others and also to repent as soon as You show me I am wrong.

Be gentle with one another, sensitive. Forgive one another as quickly and thoroughly as God in Christ forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32 The Message

7 comments :

Denise said...

Amen, amen.

Doris said...

Mercy, forgiveness and gace....I need that too! (both to give and to receive)

Theresa said...

Forgiveness, I am thankful for the many times I have been forgiven! Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

NanaDiana said...

Amen- Forgiveness does not come easy to some of us- xo Diana

Ellie VanCaster said...

Love this on forgiveness-sometimes easier said than done but always as good for the forgiver and the forgivee.
Have a good week.

Jess said...

I'm always so glad when I stop by your blog! I always find some eternal truth to ponder and implement.

Two weeks ago, an elderly member of our community's HOA made a decision a part from the Board that drastically affected my backyard. I was so wounded, especially as I tried to consult with him by phone the day before and he is a member of my church.

Yet, the deed was done, the willow trees cut down and I am left with the challenge of forgiveness.

GOD had forgiven me so much and I shall muster the grace to forgive this neighbor. I once heard it said that forgiveness is living with the consequences of someone's sin in light of the Grace of GOD. So be it!

Blessings to you and yours~

Daisy said...

What a good reminder this is about how important forgiveness is not only to give but to receive for all of us.

Blog Archive