Sunday, March 31, 2013

Forever Forgiven


FOREVER FORGIVEN

You were there before the earth was formed
Hovering over the deep
As a mother hen broods over her eggs.
Even then, You knew I would sin.
And You knew You would forgive me.

On Resurrection Morning, 
when the stone rolled away,
And morning light danced in your eyes,
Forgiveness overflowed your heart,
Yes, enough for even me.

When the church organist played
"Softly and Tenderly
Jesus is calling," 
And I walked down the aisle
Tears of repentance
Joy of being brand new,
You were there and You forgave.

When I stand before You, Jesus,
And the scrolls are read.
You'll say, Don't hold her sin against her
I bore it instead"
And You call me "Blessed"
Forever forgiven.

Karen

Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world.

7 comments :

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

I love the title of this post. How exciting to know we are forever forgiven!

Jill said...

Amen and Easter Blessings to you, Karen.

NanaNor's said...

Easter blessings to you and yours. He is Risen Indeed, let us praise His Holy Name and completed work.
xxxNoreen

Daisy said...

Wonderful poem, Karen! This is such a lovely post.

Lynda said...

That is a beautiful poem and the perfect words for the end of this wonderful day of celebration for us Christians! Hope your Easter was joyous.

Denise said...

Such a lovely poem.

Maple Lane said...

How very beautiful! AMEN!

Blog Archive