Saturday, March 30, 2013

Foggy

Early this morning, there was dense fog in our area. It reminded me of driving from Atlanta to Cumming my first year of teaching. One morning, it was almost impossible to drive because of the fog. I was creeping slowly up Highway 9 when I saw one of my fellow teachers on the edge of the road standing behind her new '72 Cadillac to "keep anybody from running into it"!

"My husband would be mad it anything happens to this car!" she told me. It seemed even worse to me because the lady was on crutches.

As I thought of how useless this lady's attempts were, God began to show me that my worrying about the future is just as futile. I read of "rumors of wars" on the internet, but I cannot see what lies ahead. Only God can protect us. Only His presence can comfort us. Only His grace can save us.

Without Him, I could do nothing.
Without Him, I'd surely fail.
Without Him, I would be drifting
Like a ship without a sail.

10 comments :

Beth said...

Just what I needed this morning Karen. Thank you.

Lady Jane said...

Lovely post Karen. Just popped over to wish you a Happy Easter. Thanks for the reminder I need my Savior.

Maple Lane said...

What a wonderful post today.

Happy Easter with love.

Jill said...

I also needed this today. Thank you.

Happy Easter to you and yours. May HE shower many blessing upon you.

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

Amen. I hope you're having a wonderful Easter weekend.

Daisy said...

Happy Easter, Karen. Have a good weekend!

L. D. said...

A valuable message to be reminded of today. Thanks, Happy Easter to you.

Doris said...

So true!
Happy Easter to you and our family, Karen!

Denise said...

Thanks for this. Have a very blessed Easter.

Lynda said...

Great illustration regarding the future. It's funny to think of the woman on crutches protecting her car! You are right that worrying will do no good. Jesus is our protector and safety.

Blog Archive