Monday, March 11, 2013

Blotted Out

I made your rebellious acts disappear like a thick cloud
    and your sins like the morning mist.
    Come back to me, because I have reclaimed you.
Isaiah 44:22 God's Word 

We had several rainy windy days last week. I have to admit that I can get really down with a long stretch of heavy gray days. Suddenly, as I was driving, the Lord reminded me that His mercy has blotted out my sin like the clouds blot out the blue sky. I hope that I will remember this next time I see dark clouds roll in.

When I was a child, I had a little white Bible that zipped up. Inside, there was a page written in red ink that listed my sins: selfishness, unbelief, rebellion... But there was a page in front of it that was translucent red cellophane. When I place the red page over the page with red ink, the "sins" disappeared.

Come now, and let us reason together,” saith the Lord. “Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Isaiah 1:18 KJV

7 comments :

Maple Lane said...

What a sweet memory and a great reminder.

NanaDiana said...

What a great idea for a bible-with the translucent red page that washes away our sins! Amen- xo Diana

Glenda said...

A great reminder, a great illustration from your little Bible!

Denise said...

Nice memory.

Jess said...

How important to remember the awesome gift of GOD's Mercy! When I give into depression in the face of overwhelming challenges in my life, I sell short the glorious future JESUS procured for me by blotting out my sins with His blood. Praising HIS Name with Thanksgiving!

Daisy said...

"His mercy has blotted out my sin like the clouds blot out the blue sky. I hope that I will remember this next time I see dark clouds roll in." I love those lines, Karen. I too get down when I haven't seen the sun for a while. I hope the next time I see gray skies that I think of this post.

Dorothy said...

That is a wonderful promise!! Also a great idea in your Bible which demonstrates this promise.

Blog Archive