Monday, March 25, 2013

A Cheerful Heart and a Joyful Noise


With the morning sun shining through the curtains one morning, I burst out in joyful song, "There is sunshine in my soul today." Then I couldn't remember another word to this old hymn! So I finished with "da da dum tee dum".,hoping that the angels were laughing WITH me, not AT me! Well, the Bible tells us to make a "JOYFUL NOISE"

It kept bugging me so I googled the lyrics.
I had to smile at the words to the second verse:

There is sunshine in my soul today,
More glorious and bright
Than glows in any earthly sky,
For Jesus is my light.

There is music in my soul today,
A carol to my King;
And Jesus, listening, can hear

The song I cannot sing.

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:26-28

11 comments :

Denise said...

Beautiful.

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

Such a beautiful song, a great way to start the day!

Beth said...

The song is beautiful!

Maple Lane said...

Love these lyrics! So uplifting!

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful old song. I did not remember that second verse at all- xo Diana

Ellie VanCaster said...

What a great hymn-it's wonderful when the song stuck in your head is a hymn.
Have a good week

L. D. said...

Even when I know the words, I think it is more like a joyful noise coming from me.

Jill said...

So lovely!

Daisy said...

I don't think I am familiar with that song, but I love the lyrics.

Ken said...

Hi Karen,
Wonderful words...
May you have a blessed Easter,
Ken

Ruth said...

Very cool! I like the way you experienced God's gift to you. It's these little things that make our relationship so intimate and sweet with Him.

Blog Archive