Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sweet Hour of Prayer

As a child, our family went to church on Sundays and Wednesday nights for prayer meeting. I liked prayer meeting - except when it was a quarterly business meeting! Our church secretary, a stickler for details, would read long lists of committee members including their phone numbers!

I heard about a little girl who heard the words to the last verse of the hymn Sweet Hour of Prayer:
I'll shout, while passing through the air,
“Farewell, farewell, sweet hour of prayer!”

She thought it meant that when we go to heaven, we'll be happy that we don't have to go to Wednesday night prayer meeting any more!

I thought that was funny. Then I started thinking about it. In Heaven, there will be no sick folks, or families in need, or grieving, or lost people.

But we will still be singing the praises of the LORD.  We can put our name and number on the choir list right now!

5 comments :

Denise said...

Amen

Dorothy said...

I look forward to singing God's praises around His throne forever! I'm not much of a singer now, but I know He will give me a perfect singing voice in Heaven!

Theresa said...

Oh how cute:) Sweet hour of prayer! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Ellie VanCaster said...

Very nice post and I think I'll be putting my name and God's number right out there!
(I love your coral butterfly)

Daisy said...

Ha! Cute story! :-)

Blog Archive