Friday, February 1, 2013

Ruining the Bully's Day

When I was in elementary school, I can remember the big bully who sat behind me, pulling my hair, kicking my chair, and nicknaming me "beanpole"! My parents told me the best way to shut him up was to ignore him and let him know he cannot ruin my day! (By the way, the bully grew up to be superintendent of schools!) I thought about "the bully" when I heard Georgian Banov speak. He said:

The devil hates to be mocked or laughed at. He wants us to be disturbed, afraid, upset and discouraged. The way we hurt his agenda the most is by being filled to overflowing with JOY!


 This day is holy to our Lord. Do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.
Nehemiah 8:10b

7 comments :

Doris said...

Joy...so much better than happy =)
Wishing you a day full of joy, Karen!

NanaDiana said...

Yes-JOY is such a great thing to have, isn't it? How funny that the bully turned out to be superintendent of schools- xo Diana

Ellie VanCaster said...

This made me think of the saying:
I want to be the kind of woman that in the morning when I get up and my feet hit the floor the devil says-
OH CRAP, SHE'S UP!
Have a blessed day.

Denise said...

So very true.

Daisy said...

"the joy of the Lord is your strength" I love that!

Terri D. said...

Yes - JOY!!

joy said...

Secret of peace in the midst of trouble:)

Blog Archive