Saturday, February 23, 2013

NO DARKNESS

Truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. And these things we write to you that your joy may be full. This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
1 John 1:3b-5

I know that we sometimes question whether God is truly a God of Love. When tragedy strikes, and the innocent suffer, doubts arise in our hearts.

I thought about this: If God is NOT a God of Love, then how is it that I am showered with so many blessings that I do not deserve...and how is it that I am spared from the punishment that I do deserve? And why are there so many who give of themselves tirelessly, with no expectation of being repaid, to people they don't even know?


When the storm rolls in,
And the clouds are gathering low,
Bless those who curse you;
They cursed Me, too, you know.

Entreat Me to pour out my kindness
For my goodness draws men to the light.
It is only my light that scatters the clouds
And shatters the blackest night.

Overcome darkness with light.
Overcome evil with love.
For the deepest longing of My heart is
More children around My table above.
Karen

7 comments :

NanaDiana said...

I have always said that it is a good thing that God does NOT give me what I deserve. Have a wonderfuld ay- xo Diana

L. D. said...

Thanks for the wonderful reminders as to how good God is.

Daisy said...

Lovely words, Karen. I enjoyed your poem. Good reminder to us all to overcome evil with love.

Denise said...

Beautiful poem.

joy said...

Whst a lovely poem from above!

Theresa said...

Well said! I try really hard to appreciate the good times, learn from the bad times and know that God is always in control:) Have a blessed week dear Karen! HUGS!

Lynda said...

God's Love gets us through the tragedies.

Blog Archive