Friday, February 15, 2013

Early in the Morning

photo credit

Singing Time

I wake in the morning early
And always the very first thing
I poke out my head
And I get up in bed
And I sing and I sing and I sing!
Rose Fyleman

It is nice to wake up with a song on my mind. This morning it was

UPON THIS ROCK.

 Upon this rock, I’ll build my kingdom  
And on this rock, forever and ever it shall stand 
Upon this rock of revelation  
I’ll build a strong and mighty nation  
And it shall stand the storms of time, 
upon this rock

I felt that the Lord was reminding me that it is the Holy Spirit who reveals God's plans to us. We can't earn His love, buy His forgiveness, understand His ways. or even love others in our own strength.  But whatever the day may bring, I can sing, because "His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me".

P.S. Lord, when I get to heaven, I want to sing like Sandi Patti!

5 comments :

Doris said...

I never want to ignor the song in my heart. It's there for a reason! Sometimes it's the same one for day's, sometimes a different one each new day.
Hmmm, sing like Sandy Patty..... Me too!

Ellie VanCaster said...

I want to sing in heaven too and I also want to hear all those wonderful voices gone ahead-there is such beauty in praising with song-at least there is for me.
Have a good weekend.

Terri D. said...

How wonderful to wake with a song in your heart!

Ken said...

Awesome words Karen. There is no other place to build except upon the Rock!
Have a blessed weekend,
Ken

Denise said...

Beautiful.

Blog Archive