Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Do I Want God's Help or Not?

As a teen, trying to make decisions about college and career, I knew I could go to my Dad for advice. Dad prayed for me, but he told me to always remember that I can pray and hear from God for myself. I can picture him in the den reading James chapter 1.

If...any of you does not know how to meet any particular problem, he has only to ask God—who gives generously to all men without making them feel foolish or guilty—and he may be quite sure that the necessary wisdom will be given him. But he must ask in sincere faith without secret doubts as to whether he really wants God’s help or not.

I will always have hard decisions to make as long as we live. It's good to know that God sees around the next corner the things I cannot see, and He is eager to steer me in the right direction.

Kathie Walters is one of my favorite writers. I was so blessed by the story she told about hearing from God when facing a move.

7 comments :

Denise said...

Awesome.

KathyB. said...

I think you and you brother & sister are so richly blessed to have had the parents god gave you. To have a father who would turn to the scripture and also pray for you is a treasure and blessing of eternal value.As Denise said..."Awesome"

Dorothy said...

I'm always in need of God's help! In the wee hours of the morning, unable to sleep, I turned a problem over to God. It is a problem at one of our churches and I prayed for the people who will make the decisions, knowing that, without a doubt, God will take care of it in His way, and His time! Thank You Jesus!

Terri D. said...

We are so blessed!!

Daisy said...

We are lucky to have God's help. Being disciplined enough to listen when I should is something I struggle with though. Wishing you many blessings. :)

Ellie VanCaster said...

Sometimes the message isn't what we'd like to hear but we know He has a plan for each of us.
Have a good week.

Ruth said...

Great reminder to just ask our Father for what we need, especially wisdom. I enjoyed Kathie's story, also.

Blog Archive