Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Little Whine?

Once I tutored a little guy in reading and math, who often spent the first two minutes of any assignment moaning, "This is to-oo-oo ha-a-ard!!" When he finally got started, he usually did okay!

Sometimes when I am going through a "test", I sit down to pray, but instead, find myself spending several minutes whining to the Lord: "This problem is impossible!"

Does God ever wring His hands and say: "Ooops, I didn't see this coming! What on earth will I do?"

No, He is a mighty God, a loving Father, who cares about the things that concern us.

God doesn't play hide-and-seek with us.
He's not remote; he's near.
We live and move in him,
can't get away from him!
Acts 17:27-28 Message

6 comments :

Denise said...

Beautiful, and comforting. Happy Valentines Day, love you my friend.

Terri D. said...

It's so easy, if we just give it to Him!! Thanks for the reminder this morning!

Lauren Davenport said...

I do that all too often! I spend time whining instead of praying. Great post :)

Ruth said...

Well said. Your illustration is so good and I like the verse in the Message. :)

NanaDiana said...

I know what you mean, Karen. This last couple of weeks, losing my only brother, were filled with a lot of "I don't get this, God" moments for me. Blessings to you- xo Diana

Daisy said...

I'm guilty of this as well. It's amazing what we can accomplish with God's help. Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Blog Archive