Wednesday, January 9, 2013

You Are God's Masterpiece!

God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!) For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus.  

So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus.

God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.  

For we are God’s masterpiece. 

He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

Ephesians 2:4-10 NLT

12 comments :

linda eller said...

Salvation is a gift and when God gave it to me, I knew he wasnt an "indian giver" and He wouldnt take it back.

Maple Lane said...

Beautiful post, Karen.

Doris said...

It is a gift....what a wonderful gift! Thanks for the reminder, Karen!
(I got your message through your sister. How sweet of you to take the time to let me know!)

Dorothy said...

Thanks for writing this. It's great to be reminded of these truths as we start our day!
Peace and Grace,
Dorothy

Muffy's Marks said...

I'm still working on a few flaws He left me with!!! Cherish all the Masterpieces around you!!!

Terri D. said...

I so believe that every path I have walked was put in front of me by our Lord. Your post today brings comfort. We just need to turn it all over to Him. All glory goes to God.

Ellie VanCaster said...

Amen

NanaDiana said...

We are God's masterpieces...and hard to remember that sometimes when we feel less than worthy- xo Diana

Daisy said...

"God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God." And what an amazing gift it is!

Wanda said...

Karen, I get excited to think that the good things he promps me to do, He planned long ago, before we even gave it a thought.

I love Psalm 139 that tells me in detail just what a materpiece I am. All to His Glory.

Ken said...

Well said Karen. He has given us the most precious gift in the whole world. Now we are a new creation in Christ Jesus. Amen! God bless and thank you for sharing,
Ken

Denise said...

Needed this today.

Blog Archive