Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Worth It?


Once, when I was in first grade, I swapped my silver dollar for a doll that was made out of pipe cleaners and empty thread spools.  Looking back with all the wisdom of my years :) and the increase in the value of silver coins, I would say it wasn't a fair trade!

As my Daddy commented, "I believe you got the short end of the stick!"

However, there is something I was given that is much more precious than silver, and it will never lose its value, or be lost.

A swap took place
when Jesus died in my stead.
He took my guilt and gave me His goodness.
He took my hurts and gave me healing.
He became poor that I might be rich.
He traded my shame for His glory.
He took my dirty ragged jeans,
and gave me His robe of righteousness.

Yes, it was a good trade for me, but Jesus also says to everyone who comes to Him,
"You are worth the price I paid."

Thank You, Jesus!

13 comments :

Terri D. said...

Yes! Thank you, Jesus.

Doris said...

You made me smile as I read about your swap =)
Yes, Jesus paid it ALL...I join you in thanks to our Lord Jesus.
Blessings to you, Karen!

Dorothy said...

Amen!! God is so good!

Theresa said...

Sweet trade for sure:) Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!

Beth said...

A lovely post Karen. You and I are posting similar pictures in our blogs today. I hope you are having a good day.

Maple Lane said...

AMEN! A beautiful post. This is my favorite photo of you, too.

Ellie VanCaster said...

Amen to that-we need to pray our thanks everyday.

Daisy said...

"He took my guilt and gave me His goodness." Isn't that amazing! Great post, Karen. :)

Wanda said...

Karen, what a wonderful illustration of the price paid for us. So humbled to realize He said I'm worth the price He paid.

Thanks for your heart for the Lord and your insights.

NanaDiana said...

That is the gift that grows in worth as we age, isn't it? Blessings- xo Diana

Denise said...

Amazingly awesome.

Lady Jane said...

A remarkable trade to be sure Karen...

Karin said...

Amen to that Karen! Love it!

Blog Archive