Sunday, January 6, 2013

Resting Place

I am looking forward to warmer days ahead and getting back out to a peaceful walking trail near me that winds around duck ponds and shady groves.

Half-way around, at the bottom of the hill, there is a charming gazebo where I can sit and rest. I can listen to the breeze rustling the trees, catch my breath, and then...I'm on my way again, up to the top of the next knoll.

Someone has said that everybody is either facing a valley, walking through a valley, or has come out of a valley. But it's good to know that along the way, God offers us a resting place and He renews our strength and courage.

He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters . He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Psalm 23:2-3 

This is such a soothing song, sung by Bob Fitts: Constant Companion

11 comments :

Doris said...

Beautiful post, Karen. Thank God for the resting place he provides. Blessings to you today!

Theresa said...

So true dear Karen! Throughout our lives, there are valleys and hills and places to rest:) I am looking forward to some nice weather to get outside too! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Bobbi and Gracie said...

Hi Karen! That sounds like a beautiful place to walk! Ever since we moved to a 'main highway' in '06 I have missed the peace that you are talking about. We do have some places around that we can walk that offers tranquility... I love Psalm 23: 2-3 As a matter of fact, I have a throw blanket that I put at the bottom of my bed with this on, along with a Thomas Kincaid setting.

I am so thankful that God does lead us beside the still waters and restores our soul!

I hope your Sunday is a good one! God bless!

Muffy's Marks said...

We all have our ups and downs, don't we?

Renee said...

This spoke to me today as the words I am meditating on this year are trust and rest....I know I cannot fully rest in the Lord if I cannot trust fully. Lovely post. God bless your 2013.
Renee over at Adventures in Faithful Living, www.myautumnyears.blogspot.com

Dorothy said...

Very nice post! I agree with what someone said about the valleys!
How nie that you have a good place to walk! There are many benefits of walking, one of them being it's a good way to have some quiet time.
Wishing you a week full of blessings!

Beth said...

I do love that song; it is very soothing.

Terri D. said...

Beautiful. So true. We are blessed with those resting places and quiet times to reflect on God's grace and mercy.

Lauren Davenport said...

That walking trail sounds lovely and very peaceful.

Daisy said...

Very nice post, Karen. The 23rd Psalm is my favorite.

Denise said...

Peaceful post.

Blog Archive