Monday, January 21, 2013

Nothing Is Impossible

I've been reading some Christian biographies (Christian Heroes Then and Now). This series is for children, but my ten year old granddaughter loves biographies, so I am borrowing them!

It makes me realize how I have pictured God "too small" and troubles "too big".

The story of George Mueller and his wife opening an orphanage by faith (that through the years housed ten thousand children) reassures me that NOTHING is too difficult if God is in it!

As we wait in the long lines each afternoon to pick up her sisters from two schools, little Kaedyn loves to listen to a CD of the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.


11 comments :

Maple Lane said...

A beautiful message in song!

Dorothy said...

Sometimes we tend to forget that wonderful truth.

Doris said...

I love listening to the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir too. Our faith is, indeed, too small too often. Right now my faith if being stretched as we wait for our home and our son's home to sell so we can purchase a home to live together. It's been over a year, our money is running out and it's hard to have faith that God knows what he's doing!! Blessings to you today, Karen.

Terri D. said...

Anything is possible with God. Amen.

Theresa said...

Sweet music to wait in line by! Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Jill said...

Beautiful music! Lovely thoughts.

Ellie VanCaster said...

What a fantastic video-I just love the brooklyn tabernacle choir. Thank for sharing this.

Daisy said...

"NOTHING is too difficult if God is in it!" Yes, so true.

Denise said...

Nice post.

Ken said...

Thank you Karen for the reminder that nothing is impossible with God.
God bless,
Ken

Lynda said...

We LOVE those books in our church library! We have started many, many adults onto the discovery of biographies with that series. Our pastor said of a similar series that they contained quick information in an easy-to-read format. Have you read the one about Gladys Awylward yet? She is one of my favorites.

Blog Archive