Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My God, In Whom I Trust

Corrie ten Boom told a story about being in an accident in her hometown many years after the war. The policeman who responded read her name on her ID,  and told her that he had been on duty the night her family was arrested by the Germans and sent to prison. With tear-filled eyes, the policeman quoted from Psalm 91, the verses that Father ten Boom had spoken over his children that night. 

An elderly widower, faced with losing everything for the sake of the gospel ( even his own life), Father ten Boom touched many hearts as he reflected the light of the Savior. He trusted in the living Word of God. 

 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress,
My God, in whom I trust!”



4 comments :

KathyB. said...

I have read Corrie ten Boom's biography and her father left a legacy for eternity, as did his daughter Corrie.I hope & pray we as Christians are also able to do what God desires of us during hard times. The way we react in hard times will impact so many people in ways only God knows and we are unable to fathom. Thank-you Karen for these posts.

joy said...

I've read her story too and her life is truly an inspiration:)

Lauren Davenport said...

This is so touching. Such comforting and beautiful words in that scripture.

Denise said...

So inspiring.

Blog Archive