Friday, January 11, 2013

Brotherly Love

I remember a beautiful day when the grandkids (Damian was 8 and Skyler was 4) wanted to go to the park. When we arrived at the playground early that morning, the equipment was still wet from an overnight shower. Water puddled on the slide.

"Sorry, Skyler," I explained, "You won't be able to go down the slide." She looked so disappointed, but before I could finish my sentence, up the ladder went Damian, and down he came right into the puddle. I was just about to question his judgment when he took her hand and sweetly said, "There you go, Skyler; my jeans soaked up all the water. Now you can slide!"

Ephesians 5:2 tells us: "Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that."

13 comments :

linda eller said...

True love one for the other.

Dorothy said...

Wouldn't it be great if we all had love for each other like like that! Precious!

Terri D. said...

A great story, and a good reminder! Thanks, and happy Friday!!

Muffy's Marks said...

What kind, caring grandchildren you have. Such a lovely story!!!

Theresa said...

I am so fortunate to have FIVE siblings! I can see all of them doing that for me! Isn't it wonderful? Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Doris said...

Sweet story, Karen! I know our Aidan would do that for his sister too! The best example of love we have is from our Heavenly Father. Love the verse you included. Blessings to you today, Karen. (everytime I say a prayers for your sister, I include one for you too...we all do need each other, do we not!)

Daisy said...

What a sweet story! That is definitely brotherly love. Have a nice weekend!

Lauren Davenport said...

How sweet. We should love like that.

Ellie VanCaster said...

What a fantastic story-such a giving young boy. What a wonderful memory-I wonder if they remember this day.
Have a good weekend.

Denise said...

Precious.

Wanda said...

Karen, this is beautiful... Can I share it on my Daily Prayer Blog?

Karen said...

Yes! Thank you, Wanda.

Lynda said...

That sounds like a typical male mind. See the problem and find a solution - - sometimes without thinking of all the after-effects (his wet jeans)! That is sooooo precious though that he would put his sister's wishes first. If he continues on that attitude, some woman will be very fortunate to have him for a wife one day.

Blog Archive