Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bring God's Word to Remembrance

As I pray for my loved ones, I can ask God to bring His Word to their remembrance, even Bible verses, prayers, and songs they were taught from childhood. As my sister was visiting our sick elderly family friend, Mildred read to her familiar hymns, comforting scriptures, and prayed the Lord's Prayer with her. It brought this dear one a lot of peace.

Jesus said: "The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you."
John 14:26 (NASB)

God promised: "So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; it will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it."
Isaiah 55:11 (NASB)

8 comments :

Beth said...

Great post.

Denise said...

Wonderful post.

Doris said...

Remembering is good. I love what your sister is doing for your friend. Bringing to mind what blessed her in the past is precious. Our Father does the same for us =) Blessings to you, Karen!

joy said...

Words from God! Thanks:)

Patsy said...

Thank You ! I was not thinking but now I will pray that my children will remember God's word from their youth.

Lauren Davenport said...

Amen!!

Daisy said...

It surprises me sometimes how words from scripture or from an old hymn will come to mind from my childhood memories at just the moment I need to hear them. Nice post, Karen. :)

Ruth said...

I'm enjoying reading your posts, Karen. It's like looking at your menus for the week and what you've been feeding on.
It's been inspirational.
Blessings,
Ruth

Blog Archive