Sunday, December 9, 2012

White As Snow

As I was substitute teaching in recent years in public school, I noticed that God is left out of the books and the conversation these days, but, thankfully, one little first grader did not get the memo that she couldn't praise the Lord.

As we were going out to recess, snowflakes began to fall, and she burst out in song, "Oh, precious is the flow that makes me white as snow. No other fount I know. Nothing but the blood of Jesus!"

This is all my hope and peace,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
This is all my righteousness,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Robert Lowry

7 comments :

Maple Lane said...

Sweet story and precious lyrics.

Beth said...

Beautiful!!

Daisy said...

Cute story. It's funny how one word or thought can cue a song in our heads like that. :)

Terri D. said...

I hope that little first grader doesn't lose her spontaneity for praising God!! Bless her, and thank you for posting this uplifting message!

Denise said...

Precious.

bp said...

That is so sweet!

Ken said...

Hi Karen, I love that song, "Precious is the flow that makes me white as snow..." It is awesome that the child had sang it at school.
Blessings,
Ken