Saturday, November 3, 2012

When These Pictures Develop...

I've had many experiences in my lifetime. Some good and some bad, and though the events are history, the memories have stayed with me. I even have photographs of some of them.

Before the digital age, we had a polaroid instant camera, so we wouldn't have to wait overnight to have the film developed. Yet, even as great as instant pictures were, in certain conditions, some were blurry or dark.

The Lord showed me how this was like the memories of my life. Not all of them have been developed yet. Not all of them make sense now. Not all of them are pleasant.  Some I want to hide, and others I wish I could forget about.

But God says in His Word that He has never left us or forsaken us. At the end of my life, and sometimes along the way, I'm going to see something different about those memories....


When these pictures develop...

I'm going to see JESUS standing there with me in every one!

We can ask Jesus to show us where He was in our memories. No matter how alone or forsaken we may have felt at times, Jesus has always been right there, causing all things to work together for our good, watching over us. He wants us to know that even in present and future struggles, He is right here with us. All we have to do is call upon His name and believe that He is our helper.

Written by my son, Cameron Hill

“I will never fail you.
I will never abandon you,"
So we can say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper,
I will have no fear.
What can mere people do to me?”

Hebrews 13:5 NLT

9 comments :

Mildred said...

A very beautiful post Cameron and Karen. Glad you are safe inside from the heavy rains today.

Joan said...

This is beautiful, Karen. Wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving. (Thank you for your lovely comments today.)

Cathy said...

A beautiful post ~ I know you are proud of your son. Thank you ~ Blessings ~

Rita T. said...

Very nice! Have a wonderful weekend!

MTJ said...

Hi Karen and Cameron,

This is my first visit to your blog and I'm quite thankful for coming here. Your words offer encouragement and hope.

Not all of our experiences develop into picture-perfect memories, but as you say, "We can ask Jesus to show us where He was in our memories."

His is an eternal promise to never leave or forsake us.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

L. D. Burgus said...

My way of being has always been a little haunted by those photos. It's an emotional thing. I do now know that God was there when those bad pictures happened and he loved me just as much then and he does now. He brought me through it all and forgave me and taught me as I continued on. Thanks for your great blessing from your thoughts today.

Anita Johnson said...

I've so enjoyed reading your posts this morning and I am sitting here listening to Gosh Grobin and O Holy Night...beautiful on this snowy winter day! Merry Christmas to you!

bp said...

What a great thought! Thanks for sharing this.

Merry Christmas to you.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Oh how beautiful this is, Karen! Your son has alot of wisdom! This brought tears to my eyes! Like pieces of the puzzle coming together, it will all make sense! I know this was meant to encourage me! Thank you for sharing and to your son for writing it!

Thanks for participating in Faithful Friday last week. Sorry I'm just now getting around to visiting!

Have a great weekend!

Blessings,
Tammy

Blog Archive