Thursday, November 22, 2012

Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled

Peace I leave with you,
My peace I give to you;
not as the world gives do I give to you.
Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid.
John 14:27

Jesus did not say these words lightly. He spoke tenderly to his friends on the evening he was betrayed, illegally tried, beaten - knowing he would be crucified the next day.

I cannot understand suffering: His suffering, our suffering, and the suffering of the innocent.

Neither can I comprehend Jesus' undying love.

 


8 comments :

RCUBEs said...

I was praying for all blogging friends who I thought might be in the path of those awful tornadoes. I'm glad to hear you and your family are safe and okay. May His richest blessings and protection always cover you. I'm grateful that we have Someone Who understands whatever we are going through. And in Him, there's true rest and peace. Thanks be to Jesus. God bless.

NanaNor's said...

Hi Karen, Great post and I totally understand your feelings, especially concerning grand kids. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Noreen

Glenda said...

I share your feelings - and your faith that He knows best. I've needed those words "be not afraid" often in recent days. I'm glad He cares!

Denise said...

Amen, such a wonderful post.

Charlotte said...

Great post. John 14:27 is such a comforting scripture, and I certainly identify with your thoughts on suffering for your children. I feel exactly the same way.
Blessings,
Charlotte

L. D. Burgus said...

Another great post. I truly appreciate being able to find God's word while I am working at school during the day. If I check my mail and also the status of my blogs I know I can also catch some of God's word on your post. Happy Thanksgiving Karen.

Daisy said...

I don't understand these things either, but I'm glad we have the words of the scripture to comfort us. Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving!

joy said...

Me too feels so helpless hearing news from loved ones whos having difficulties and I do ask God; when all this gonna end?
I need to pray more and trust more.

Blog Archive