Sunday, November 18, 2012

Disappointment or Divine Appointment?

I was thinking about the twelve spies who went in to check out the land for the Israelites (Numbers 13). Only Joshua and Caleb had faith that God would keep His promise and see them through. What the other ten spies said about the land was true: There were giants in the land and walled cities and many obstacles to overcome. The people allowed themselves to be scared to death - literally.

Caleb said, "Only do not rebel against the LORD. And do not fear the people of the land, for they are bread for us. Their protection is removed from them, and the LORD is with us; do not fear them.”
Numbers 14:9

I can see that there are rough times ahead for us in America. But our enemies will be "bread" for us. Maybe they will be "carbs" that energize the Church to BE the Church.

Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work."
John 4:34

Jesus has chosen us to be here during this time in history for a divine purpose. Let's not be consumed with fear, even though the trials are real and the disappointments great.

Jesus promised: "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name." John 15:16




3 comments :

Daisy said...

This post reminds me of the verse, "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31.

Denise said...

Amen.

V said...

Amen Sister! I believe that God is with us in this trying time and that he has his hands on the controls. We just have to pray.
Love the thought that carbs will energize the church! Good one.

Blog Archive