Monday, October 8, 2012

Stupid Lies

I am so thankful that God is showing me more and more how I have believed satan's lies. And they are stupid lies at that!

One example is that whenever I try to cook a meal for someone, I constantly compare myself with my Grandmother's cooking and think that I am not as good. Well, she was an excellent cook, but the thing is: the people I cook for never ate at Grandma's! They are coming over because they love ME! Hallelujah! And if the truth be told, I would have only eaten biscuits and jelly at Grandma's and I would have just licked the icing off the cake if I could have gotten away with it.

Isn't it crazy how we fail to see our own value in the eyes of our Loving Heavenly Father.

I confess Lord, that each of us special for a reason.

I praise you because of the wonderful way you created me. Everything you do is marvelous! Of this I have no doubt.
Psalm 139:14 CEV

10 comments :

Jess said...

Amen Karen!
"LORD, open our eyes to the lies we believe and the untruths we take for granted. Help us to walk in the newness and light of your unfailing LOVE!"

Karen said...

This is so true...thanks for the reminder!

Andrea said...

If only we would view all things through GODS eyes....
Blessings,
andrea

Michele said...

oh Amen, such a wonderful reminder.


Michele

shopannies said...

I often think that our memories of what we loved as children seem to be our standards and you are so right while they are our memories those that love us now do not share those same memories and we become a standard of our own. Praise God that he creates us to be the best we can be

Denise said...

Beautiful, and important reminder.

Up Close said...

Dropping by to wish you a great day ahead. :)
God bless!

bp said...

That's a great reminder and encouragement, Karen! Thanks!

joy said...

Beautiful post:) I believe that you have your own gifts and talents that maybe your grandma does not have. We are all unique. Thanks be to God.

Karin said...

You are so right! Comparisons are simply not fair to anyone - plus, it still means the focus is on self - either positively or negatively - and that doesn't bode good for us. We are unique! It doesn't detract from us to think more highly of others - realistically - and rejoice in their skills and talents. As well, it is better to allow others to speak well of us and not we ourselves. God is good and great all the time!

Blog Archive