Sunday, October 28, 2012

No Mistakes!

This past week there was a political debate in our state where one man expressed his view that every person is created by God for His purpose no matter what the circumstances of their conception. As you can imagine, that started a storm of debate and criticism of his "extreme" views on the right to life vs. abortion.

I remembered walking into our local hair salon shortly after my son Caleb was born. One of the ladies rushed up to have a look at him, and when she saw that he had Down syndrome, she blurted out for all to hear: "Well, he was obviously a mistake!"

I usually am at a loss at a time like that, but I believe the Holy Spirit put these words on my lips. "No, God had a plan for Caleb from before the foundation of the world."

Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were born or You gave birth to the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God.
Psalm 90:1-2

I sat in the back row at a Christian conference last week, where there was a little girl in a wheelchair siting in front of me who could not even hold her own head up. She had a little 2 year old sister next to her who would periodically check on big sister, patting her hand or giving her butterfly kisses on the cheek. I thought to myself: This scene paints a picture of what God thinks of each one of us, no matter what our circumstances or challenges may be.

7 comments :

joy said...

very touching post. Yes, God has plan for everybody and we just have to trust him.
have a nice Sunday!

L. D. Burgus said...

Your thoughts are so clear and true. God loves all of us, each and every one.

Maple Lane said...

Such a beautiful post and so true.

Susie said...

I liked this post.God does know us before anyone else even sees us. Smiles, Susie

Patsy said...

I have also spent many wasted hours trying to reason things out as you say "manually". So now I have His power steering. I know now God put me to live in the Now time for He had a plan for me.
Your post today is very moving.

Daisy said...

God loves us all, and we are all a part of his plan. I hope you have a nice week ahead.

Denise said...

Thanks for touching my heart.

Blog Archive