Sunday, October 7, 2012

Good, Better or Best?

I was reading a story about a modern-day real-life treasure hunter who put his life savings into looking for a sunken cargo ship. He had done a lot of research and was sure he had figured out where the ship had sunk so many years ago.

A distraction occurred when he stumbled upon a few bars of silver seven miles away from where he was originally headed. He then went into debt and spent fruitless years scouring that area but finding nothing else.

At length, he decided to go to his original destination, and there he found the sunken ship with millions of dollars in gold and silver still in the original treasure chests.

This story got me to thinking about coming short of what God has planned for my life, or settling for good instead of best.

Father, You have called me to love You and love the "treasures" you place right in front of me every day. I pray that I don't detour from any plan other than Your original Treasure Map!

2 comments :

Denise said...

Amen, amen.

Daisy said...

What a great analogy! I really like this post, Karen. Hope you have a good week ahead.

Blog Archive