Monday, October 29, 2012

Go in this strength

The Angel of the Lord called Gideon, who considered himself unqualified for the job at hand, a "might man of valor" and told him, "Go in this strength that is yours." Judges 6

I heard Bill Johnson of Bethel Church in Redding, CA, preaching on Gideon (on GOD-TV). He was saying that in a footnote in his Bible, it said that the correct translation would paint a picture of the Spirit of God clothing Himself with Gideon.

Isn't that an exciting thought!!

We are not limited to what we can do in our own strength.

When I yield to Him completely, I am the sock and Holy Spirit is the foot. I am the glove and He is the hand.

For with God, nothing is impossible. 
Luke 1:37

4 comments :

NanaDiana said...

Amen, Karen- Beautiful! xo Diana

Denise said...

Very exciting thought.

Daisy said...

It's so good to know that our strength comes from Him and that He will always be there to provide it!

Ken said...

Hi Karen,
I think of the scripture which says 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
I have been mediating on this subject
God bless,
Ken

Blog Archive