Thursday, October 11, 2012

Barnacles

Who do you know that glues his head to a rock and stays there for the rest of his life?

I remember seeing barnacles years ago when we had a boat at Lake Lanier. Only this week, when I was teaching fourth grade, did I realize that they are live animals. Barnacles are crustaceans that attach themselves to a stationary object and stay stuck there for life. Barnacles spend their youth swimming around, but then they settle down to adulthood, held permanently by one of the strongest known natural adhesives

This reminded me of the saying, "Build your house upon a rock."

After Jesus had done many miracles, and had drawn great throngs of people, He began to explain that He would die as a sacrifice for their sins. Many were offended and no longer followed Him. Then Jesus turned to His twelve disciples. "Will you also go away?"

"To whom would we go, Lord?" Peter implored. "You have the words of life."

Jesus is the ROCK, the WORD OF LIFE, that I want to "glue my head to".

The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

5 comments :

Cathy said...

Thank God for His precious Word. May we always stay close to Jesus. Your blog looks so pretty. Hugs ~

Daisy said...

Neat analogy, Karen. I don't think I'd like having my head glued to a rock. HA! I do like your comparison of Jesus as our "rock," though. Very nice.

Wanda said...

May we each cling ever so tightly to the solid rock!

Saleslady371 said...

This lesson is for me!

Nana Jul said...

Like you...I want to be stuck like glue to the One and Only WORD of life...Jesus!
Great post Karen!!
Makes me smile!
Love,
Julie

Blog Archive