Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pray About Everything


I had decided to take the grandbaby back to her home. But when we were walking out the front door, I could not find my car keys. I looked everywhere and looked in my purse three times. I finally gave up on the idea and had put her down for a nap in the back room, when I noticed the sunny sky had grown very dark. The heavy front door suddenly burst open and banged loudly against the wall. As I tried to shut it, it took all the strength I could muster and still the wind kept pushing it back open. After finally getting it closed and locked, I turned on the TV to see if there was a weather warning, but there was none. There was terrific wind and rain, and huge branches crashing in the yard. Later I learned that there was no time for a warning, because it had been a downdraft caused by a fast moving cold front that collided with the 93 degree heat and 90% humidity of the afternoon.
After settling the baby, I picked up my purse, and there was my huge key ring! Had it been there all along, or was it hidden in some angel's pocket to protect us from driving in the storm?
We realized later, that the wind was so strong it had taken the top section out of a healthy green tree in our yard and dumped it in the intersection near the house, causing a fender bender.
Sometimes I think I can see my way clear to do something and don't even think to stop to pray about it. The Lord showed me that HE sees down the road, sudden changes that I cannot see. I have to obey HIS leading even though I don't understand it, and even if others think I am extreme for "praying about everything"!
Don't worry about anything;
instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need,
and thank him for all he has done.
Philippians 4:6 NLT

13 comments :

Maple Lane said...

Even though you had told me this story over the phone, I just got chills reading it again. I am so thankful for God's protection for you and the baby.

Carol said...

What a wonderful testimony. Nothing is ever too small to pray about. And if we are to be praying continually, aren't some of the things we talk to God about going to be small?!
And this didn't turn out to be small after all!

Floss said...

I'm so glad to hear how God has protected you and your grandbaby. I used to notice that when I really couldn't find something, it was God's way of telling me to listen to him. If I paused in my search and prayed, he would gently remind me of something I needed to confess, act upon or remember. Then I'd find the missing thing! I think this has become habit now, and I'm grateful that God has found this way to get my attention.

Karen said...

Floss, You are exactly right! Thank you.

NanaDiana said...

Amazing story, Karen. I do think God protects us like that sometimes. Blessings- xo Diana

Linda said...

What an amazing story! A wonderful acknowledgement of the protection of our God!

Sarah (Nikki) said...

What a great story!

Daisy said...

Amazing isn't it. God has a plan for us and looks out for us. This post reminded me of the verse, "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." So glad that you and your grandchild are OK, Karen.

Cathy said...

A great post, Dear ~ I'm glad you two were safe. Thank God for His protection. We do need to pray more about everything. Blessings ~

Veronica and Daniel said...

Oh my! My heart is racing just reading that story! Praise God you couldn't find your keys ;)

Jill said...

Your dear sister led me to your beautiful blog and I am so thankful she did. Your story sent shivers through me. God is good. You have quoted my very favorite scripture. I'm so happy to be your newest follower!

Denise said...

Praise God for watching over you, and the baby.

Ken said...

Hi Karen,
Awesome reminder. I am glad the Lord protected you and the baby in the storm. He is good.
Blessings,
Ken