Sunday, September 9, 2012

God's Goodness

I’ll make a list of God’s gracious dealings,
all the things God has done that need praising,
All the generous bounties of God,
his great goodness to the family of Israel—
Compassion lavished,
love extravagant.
He said, “Without question these are my people,
children who would never betray me.”
So he became their Savior.
In all their troubles,
he was troubled, too.
He didn’t send someone else to help them.
He did it himself, in person.

Out of his own love and pity
he redeemed them.
He rescued them and carried them along
for a long, long time.
Isaiah 63:7-9 Message

I listened to some amazing testimonies on God TV where there were testimonies of Arabs, Iranians, and Jews who received salvation through Jesus Christ. The Iranian man begs us to pray for the harvest of souls that is happening in Iran today.

“I made myself accessible
to those who didn’t ask for me,
I let myself be found
by those who didn’t seek me.
I said, ‘Here I am! Here I am!’
to a nation not called by my name."
Isaiah 65:1

6 comments :

Maple Lane said...

A beautiful post, Karen and the lyrics are so very powerful.

joy said...

What a testimony. God is good.

L. D. Burgus said...

Wonderful to see the different countries are coming to Christ. Iranians becoming Christians is great. Good post.

Denise said...

Very lovely.

Sarah (Nikki) said...

No greater love...so true...bridging people...healing hearts and lives...making the old new. Having Him in our corner is the best....and the hope for peace everywhere. I liked your post...

Cathy said...

Your blog looks so lovely, Dear. That is amazing about all the souls for Jesus in other countries, and the song is very pretty.