Saturday, September 15, 2012

Be Utterly Amazed

God had highlighted this passage so strongly to me last week as I was praying for 9/11:
This was the prophet Habakkuk's prayer:

How long, Lord, must I call for help,
but you do not listen?
Or cry out to you, “Violence!”
but you do not save?
Why do you make me look at injustice?
Why do you tolerate wrongdoing?
Destruction and violence are before me;
there is strife, and conflict abounds.
Therefore the law is paralyzed,
and justice never prevails.
The wicked hem in the righteous,
so that justice is perverted.

This was the Lord's answer:

“Look at the nations and watch—and be utterly amazed.

For I am going to do something in your days
that you would not believe,
even if you were told."

Habakkuk 1:2-5 NIV

I know that God is warning the nations of judgment and He is extending great mercy before the time of His last harvest of those who will hear the good news of redemption through His Son, Jesus Christ.

I believe that so much change is coming, not only to America, but to the whole world, that one year from now, we will look back and marvel at all that has taken place.

Father God,
Help us as Christians to remember that the most powerful thing we can do is praise and worship you. You are exalted on the praises of Your people. We can gather with our families and even the children to worship You. You promised that out of the mouths of babies you have ordained strength that you might silence the enemy and the avenger. (Psalm 8:2) OUR WORSHIP SOUNDS LIKE WARFARE TO THE DEVIL.



7 comments :

Patsy said...

I believe what you say is true and we must remember GOD is in charge.
Christians may suffer,but God's will be completed.

Sharon Evans said...

We are on the same page.

Jill said...

Yes, we must always remember He is in charge and that we must pray for this country and each other.

Maple Lane said...

I am reminded of the old hymn, Praise Him, Praise Him. Hope you have a nice Sunday afternoon.

Denise said...

Amen, amen.

Pamela said...

So true. We look around and it would seem that the enemy is in control. Isn't it amazing that we can defeat him by praising our God? I want to be faithful with my worship.

Cathy said...

A great post, Dear, thank you.