Friday, September 21, 2012

Those Who Seek Him Out

Without trusting, it is impossible to be well pleasing to God, because whoever approaches him must trust that he does exist and that he becomes a Rewarder to those who seek him out.
Hebrews 11:6 Complete Jewish Bible

As a young child, I did not understand much about God. I just knew that I needed Him - needed forgiveness, and needed Him to guide me through life.

I had recently experienced the death of a family member, my beloved Great grandfather. I knew that he loved God and had served him. One thing he did was to start a children's Sunday school in our little town.

I thank God that we read the Bible in our home as well as at church, and that my parents lived what they "preached".

So even in my childlike faith, God heard my prayer and answered. He has been faithful.

3 comments :

Maple Lane said...

Such a beautiful song. I had not heard it before.
I'm thankful, too, for our parents. I was only two when Papa Billy went to Heaven but I've heard so many sweet things about him.

Denise said...

Sweet blessings to you my friend, love and very much appreciate you.

Daisy said...

He is always there for us. If we seek him, we will find him.