Saturday, August 18, 2012

BEEP!

I was teaching first graders, and another teacher loaned me an old "book-on-tape" for the kids to listen to after lunch. She said, "I know you could read the story aloud, but this cassette tape has marvelous voices and sound effects for this seasonal story."

I dutifully put the tape in, and sat at the front of the class, showing the pictures in the book. Whenever it was time to turn the page, the tape would "BEEP" to remind me.

After the story, a very serious little boy came to me and said, "My Mommy doesn't allow me to listen to stories with bad words!"

"Honey," I said, "what did you hear on the tape that you thought was a bad word?"

"I couldn't hear the bad words," he told me. "They were 'BEEPED' out!"

I commend this little one for his wisdom. This was a good reminder for me to listen to, think about, and talk about things that are uplifting.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Philippians 4:8 NIV

7 comments :

Patsy said...

Love it, he lives in a good home.

NanaDiana said...

What a smart little kid...and obedient, too! xo Diana

Maple Lane said...

That is such a cute story!

Daisy said...

Funny story about the little boy. I like the verse you chose to accompany this post.

Karin said...

Awww, that's such sweet innocence! Love it!

Denise said...

So precious.

joy said...

Thanks for this awalening post. Bless that child:)