Saturday, July 28, 2012

I've Found a Friend

When I was growing up, our family went to a Baptist church where we sang hymns. Many times, now, I wake up in the morning with a hymn on my mind. It feels like Jesus is singing a love song to me!
Here is a verse from one of my favorites.
I've found a friend
Oh such a friend
So kind and true and tender
So wise a counselor and guide
So mighty a defender
From Him who loves me now so well
What power my soul can sever
Shall life or death
Or earth or hell
No I am His forever

Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.” No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.
Romans 8:35-38 NLT

8 comments :

Sarah (Nikki) said...

I still remember listening to Christian songs in public school...I'm Jewish and never heard them before. I still think of them now. And Karen...your post is so encouraging. thanks.

Maple Lane said...

Such encouraging lyrics and scripture passage. Wishing you a nice weekend, Karen.

Just Be Real said...

Wonderful song Karen. Thank you for sharing. Blessings.

Daisy said...

Nothing can separate us from God's love. Isn't that reassuring. Enjoy your weekend!

Sharon Evans said...

Thank you Karen, that is one of my favourite hymns, I too grew up in a Baptist family, and I too remember singing many many hymns. Have a blessed week

L. D. Burgus said...

A great post. I like Romans.

Denise said...

Very inspiring.

Cathy said...

Amen! A beautiful song, thank you, Lord.